Table of Contents
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Controlling Your Personal Data
Data Retention and Account Termination
1. Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, marketing the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with insurance obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially via our web platform provider, and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
1. Account Information: If you purchase our services, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your phone number, pet name and health record. We may publicly display your first name and last initial, as well as any photo or other content as part of the Service process. You can modify some of the information associated with your account during the transaction process. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by notify us.
2. Public Content: As part of the Service, we capture images of your pets for updates, and therefore intended for public usage viewable via our website, social media platforms, and other third party applications. We also feature reviews about us that you submitted publicly via other website platforms on our website with only your first name. Besides your first name, pet name and related instructions, we do not post, share or sale any of your private data. You can limit some of the activities by notify us.
3. Contacts: You can refer others to become our clients by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing them to mention your information. We only retain that information to transfer and process our incentive program to you. We do not share your contact with anyone.
4. Communications: When you use our service, and become our client, you are opting to receive messages from our partners, our service providers and us. You can manage some of your messaging by providing us your preferences, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from us. For example, if you use our bookings via online or SMS text, or request a meet 'n greet, or any information through the Service, we may send you messages about your transaction using the contact information you provide, including through automated SMS text messages to your phone number. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. We may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us as part of the Service. Our calls with you may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
5. Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as bookings or purchases, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment receipt information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, and send communications about them to you. All payments and transactions that you submit are between you and the third-party financial institutions. We do not have access to, collect, nor retain your credit cards information for any purposes.
6. Activity: We may store general information about the use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of visit, bookings and purchases you make through the Service. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the "Location Services" settings for our applications in iOS privacy settings.
7. Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer) and different platforms (e.g., our website or mobile website). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one of our platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other of our platforms.
The purposes for which Cookies can be use include:
Processes Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, Cookie that tells whether you have already added an item in your shopping
Security, and determine if you are logged in for our bookings.
Analytics Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to the
interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. For flash cookies, you can manage your privacy settings by clicking here. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
3. Third Parties
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
1. Content Partners: We allow third party partners to use and display some of the public content available through the Service, such as your photos, reviews, ratings, likes and other information detailed in Section 1.2 above.
2. Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the communication services that are available through the Service, such as bookings and shopping. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Service, and other functions. Third party providers may collect information from you so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party, and we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
3. Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may receive user information in the aggregate with the Service. For example, we may see the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our marketing communications and website. We may receive anonymized information about your use on the Service, for example if you engage in a transaction in connection with the Service, we may publicly disclose information about the transaction without providing identifying information about you or otherwise disclosing your participation in the transaction.
5. Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If you complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the creator or third party of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the creator and third party to respond.
4. Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify your pets. To lessen the chance to being identify on our social media and marketing outlets, you can notify us regarding your removal, though
doing so might lessen the experience that the Service provides for you.
5. Data Retention and Service Termination
You can stop using the Service at anytime by notify us and we will withdraw our walkers and return your keys. We do not refund any unused walks from the pack you purchased
from us. You will be removed from our communication list but we may retain information about you and your pets for legal, accounting and other purposes authorized under this
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the
Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal
information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
QC Dog Walking Services, Attn: Data Privacy Manager